Job Title: Industrial Hygienist Technician
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Department: Field Services
Compensation: $28.00 to $32.00 Based on Experience
The Industrial Hygienist Technician is responsible for increasing the internal efficiency of Orion/NOW operations. This includes utilizing top notch written and verbal communication skills to provide support to clients and the Orion/NOW team, assisting in daily office needs and managing the company’s day to day administrative activities.
- Asbestos, Mold, Lead and Industrial Hygienist Surveys
- Indoor Air Quality Investigations
- Asbestos, Mold, Lead, and Industrial Hygienist Project Oversite
- Phase Contrast Microscope Sample Analysis
- Occupational Health Exposure Assessments
- Preparation and delivery of technical reports
- Underground Storage Tank Site Assessments
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Radon Assessments
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how Orion/NOW can bring value to the marketplace
- Physical ability to carry equipment up to 35 pounds, climb ladders, get in and out of basement and attic crawlspaces, etc.
- Oversee operation and maintenance of instruments including testing instruments, sampling pumps, calibrators, microscopes, etc.
- Periodic weekly out of area travel for projects
- Private vehicle with current insurance for transportation of equipment
- Work in State and Governmental facilities
- Ability to wear a respirator
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to study and pass various certification programs.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and FileMaker (bonus).
- Excellent time management skills, organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of Technical Report.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to pass a background check for Federal Installations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a science discipline.
- In place of education, experienced candidates with a high school diploma may also be considered.
- Bonus; certification as AHERA BI, NIOSH 582, Lead Inspector/Risk Assessor, UST decommissioner.
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications.
- Health Care Benefits
- Performance based incentives.
- All certification classes paid by company.
- Milage to and from projects
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.