Job Title: Environmental Laboratory Technician
Reports to: Laboratory Director
Department: Laboratory Services
Compensation: $22.00 to $25.00 Plus Benefits Depending on Experience
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for routine laboratory analysis under the direction of the Laboratory Director. Organization of the laboratory and sample flow. This includes utilizing top-notch analytical, communication, and organizational skills to provide support to clients and the Orion/NOW field team.
- Lead Sample Analysis
- Bulk asbestos Microscope Sample Analysis
- Indoor Air Quality Sample Analysis
- Phase Contrast Microscope Sample Analysis
- Sample flow oversite includes; receiving samples and reporting results as needed
- Preparation and delivery of technical reports
- Cleaning, calibration, and maintaining lab equipment
- Support in maintaining laboratory certifications
- Staying current on technical and scientific advances
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how Orion/NOW can bring value to the
- Ordering and organizing supplies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to study and pass various certification programs.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and FileMaker (bonus).
- Excellent time management skills, organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Able to follow instructions and strictly follow procedures.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of Technical Report.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- An Associate degree in a science discipline is preferred.
- In place of education, experienced candidates with a high school diploma may also be considered.
- Bonus; microscopy experience
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications.
- Health Care and Dental Benefits
- Performance-based incentives.
- All certification classes are paid by the company.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.